Welcome to another Alfresco Open Source podcast. I have with me today Carlos Miguens who drove our Records Management strategy that led to the recent DoD 5015.2 certification and headlines like:
“Pentagon certifies Alfresco records management app”
What this podcast is about is Records Management in “Plain English” and the Top 10 Records Management Terms”.
- Historically Records Management has been very complex and very specialized. In Plain English What is Records Management?
- Why is Records Management important and why has it become more important recently?
- Who needs to uses Records Management?
- I remember us talking about a recent AIIM survey on the state of Records Management. Can you summarize that for us?
- What happens if a company does not have effective Records Management?
Records Management is riddled with complex terms. I’d like you to describe a few in plain English for us This is my Records Management Plain English Top 10:
- Audit Trail
- Disposition Instruction
- File Plan
- Life Cycle
- Record Identifier
- Retention Period
- What were the primary goals of Alfresco with regards to Records Management?
- What is DoD 5015.2 and what is the significance of it?
- What other standards are there and what are Alfresco’s plans there?
Thank you for listening
We’ll be following up with more podcasts on records Management and more podcasts in Plain English
Follow me on Twitter @drianhowells
Follow me on FastCompany