Access the Repository Browser from Alfresco Share
One of the new features included in Alfresco Enterprise Edition 3.2r (released 16th February 2010) is the ability for Alfresco Share to browse the Alfresco Repository (repo). I have run a number of webinars recently and have demonstrated this new feature. This has resulted in a couple of questions about how to enable this feature (by default it is switched off). So I thought I would write a note to guide you through the configuration process.
To enable your users to browse the repo using Share you need to edit the following XML configuration file:
(Note: My install of Alfresco on Windows and is under c:\Alfresco directory)
Look for the section ‘Repository Library config Section’ and change the <visible>false</visible> to true (see image below). After this you will need to restart the Alfresco server.
Now login to Alfresco Share and you should have a new ‘Repository’ button in the top navigation bar (see image below).
This new feature allows you to browse the general document library from within share. You have a number of ways to navigate and find content. These include:
- Repository – Traditional folder hierarchy view
- Categories – Browse using the assigned category hierarchy
- Tags – Select content based on the tags assigned
- I’m Editing – Quickly find documents that you are in the process of modifying
- My Favourites – Quickly find documents that you have flagged as important to you
(see image below)